Actually, this cake is something! I like it and hope you will too! OK, here is the recipe.
|Christmas Vegetarian Menu: Vegan Christmas Cake|
350g of whole meal flour
175g of vegetable margarine
175g of light brown sugar
1 teaspoon of mixed spices (see recipe below)
150g of light raisins (kismis)
200g of dark raisins
150g of dried dates
50g of almond flakes
1 tablespoon of sugar syrup
100g of cherries (halves)
Grated zest of 1 orange
2 tablespoon of ground almonds
120 ml of soy milk
2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
3/4 teaspoon baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
6 tablespoons (90 ml) of brandy
The preparation process:
• Preheat the oven to 150 degrees of Celsius.
• Lubricate the cake form with margarine, and lay a paper pastry to its bottom and sides.
• Sift flour and spices.
• grind them with margarine until crumbs.
• Add the almond flakes and molasses (sugar syrup).
• Add sugar, dried fruit, cherries, orange zest and ground almonds and mix well.
• Take a half of the soy milk, preheat it and add vinegar
• Dissolve soda in remaining soy milk, and then combine the two milks.
• Put the liquid into the flour with the fruit and stir until smooth.
• Bake for 2 hours, check if cooked with a wooden stick.
• Leave the cake in the cake form until cool, and then remove the paper.
• Soak the cake with brandy.
• The cake can be stored wrapped in parchment paper and placed in container for 4 weeks.
• Brandy soaking can be repeated at weekly intervals.
Spice mix can be done independently.
* 2 teaspoons allspice
* 5 cm piece of cinnamon sticks
* 2 teaspoons of cloves
* 2 teaspoons of nutmeg
* 2 teaspoons of ground ginger
1 teaspoon of ground cardamom (optional)
1 teaspoon of ground coriander (optional)
The hardest thing for me was to decorate the cake for Christmas. But onve you get to it decoration becomes easier. There are many more vegetarian Christmas menu recipes you can find. There are quick vegetarian dinners and solid meals for vegetarians. It is a whole lifestyle, healthy, fresh and peaceful.
I hope you like the cake! And Merry Christmas!